Skip to main content

Turning A Family Memory Into An Heirloom By John D. Verlin

A former co-worker recently posted a picture of her mother and father taken outside their home with a 1950's Chevrolet in the driveway on Facebook.

She was commenting on what a great woman her mother was and that she was now with her father.

Seems like we tend to collect "things" in life--pack ratting away these items until one day we discard them when events cause us to "downsize", move or face a life change.

But the "memories" part of our lives sometimes don't really come into focus until that time when we lose a loved one.

Suddenly--we begin to scour our scrapbooks, photo albums, stored away boxes--anything to find our loved one's life story for the funeral, reception, etc.

These family memories are all too often forgotten until needed. In my own life--it took on special meaning one day when we discovered an old super 8 video of my brother and I with my grandfather (i was the two year old in his arms).

We had the movie from the late 1950's transferred to video and gave it to my mother on her 70th birthday.

She was thrilled! It made our day and I've since forgotten that moment--which was over 20 years ago.

That experience took on a new profound moment when I discovered boxes filled with family moment's, photos, etc recently.

My heart melted as I gazed upon pictures of my mother at age seventeen and grandfather from the 1930's.

So I put together a montage of photo's, enhanced, edited and enlarged them into a framed "memorial" to them and hung it in my guest room.

I sometimes sit in there and just look at them and it brings back good memories.

This was the main idea behind starting Verlin Studios Artisan Photo Services. Allowing you to provide a picture (digital via scanning or digital photograph copying it) to us to let us work our magic on your family memory.

The process I use is not your typical box retailer enlargement. We use Photoshop editing software, premium paper and ink and we sign and number every 11x14 print so you have an original Verlin Studio work.

We're proud of what we do--and know that giving a family member a unique, rare family picture brings a deep sense of joy to the recipient.

I encourage you today--preserve your family memories NOW--present them as gifts while that person is here to enjoy and treasure them.

And we can help. Most of our customers go to their local frame shop and have them matted and framed to suit their tastes.

To learn more about our Artisan Photo Services--go to www.verlinstudios.com 

If you enjoy this--please "like" us on our Facebook page at: https://www.facebook.com/ondemandadvertisingsolutions?ref=hl

Or share this blogpost with your friends! Let me know if I can answer any questions.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Million-Dollar $ecrets To Getting More Customers--Dick Ray, The Master Plumber

"In order to do it right--you'd have to get a backhoe and dig up a ten foot section of the front yard...remove the pipe and replace it with a new section. Or...you could hire a guy like me to do it. And I'm not cheap..."  I'd come to know Dick Ray Jr. through handling his father's advertising account on our classical radio station back in the 80's. Owners of Shawnee Mission Plumbing, Heating & Cooling since the 50's--their quality service and reputation are unmatched by many competitors in the Kansas City market. Today, Dick Ray Jr. continues that quality since his parents passing years ago. What distinguished their advertising--was the familiar voice that intro'd all of their ads...."This is Dick Ray the master plumber..." In a casual midwestern drawl , he'd meticulously talk about his time in the Navy, the quality of products they carry--and the fact that nobody...BUT NOBODY has more parts on his truck, than Di...

Million-Dollar $ecrets To Getting New Customers--Dean Blay, Mr. Remodeler

  "John...the ad ain't drawin' flies..." Dean...what happened this time last year? "The ad didn't draw flies.." Then what happened the following month? "Well...we did get more sales..." For over twelve years I worked with one of Kansas City's best-loved home remodelers', Mr. Remodeler, Dean Blay. Dean had voiced his own radio ads on our classical station, a music of your life station and several newstalk stations. Sadly--his voice was silenced this past July due to his death. But Dean Blays' memory and radio ads will long be remembered. Dean had a deep...slow delivery and country accent when he read his radio ads. When I first started to work with his advertising--he would give us a cassette tape from his Phone Mate machine with his ad on it. He was too nervous to record in our studio! When he finally did come to our production room, we turned on the reel tape recorder and left the room so our engineer wouldn't mak...

Looks Like It Should Be In A Gallery By John D. Verlin

It 's a nice feeling to know that someone appreciates your work. When I recently showed a colleague a framed picture I had taken of the great tooth of the Grand Tetons--he commented that it looked very cool and should be in a gallery. I was flattered he liked it so much. It made me further realize how important that right gift can mean to a customer or client. That's one reason we sign and number all of our Verlin Studio prints--in addition to using creative editing, enhancing and enlargement techniques. What's more--every print is unique--being captured with lighting, shadows, reflexion, etc at that moment in time--as is any memorable photograph or work of art. This brings to your potential gift recipient something they can enjoy and treasure for years to come. And we're able to offer these very affordably. See all of our Artisan PhotoGifts at: www.verlinstudios.com. If you enjoyed this post--please like us on our Facebook page: https://www.f...