Skip to main content

Cold Day Gonna Come...A Snugglers Dream! By John D. Verlin

"Winters Warmth" Verlin Studio's popular woven blanket

I thought by now this would have been put in the cedar chest--since Spring is officially here. But with old man winter still ravaging the country with snow, winds, rain...the perfect snuggling blanket is still apropos.

At 60x90 inches--it makes for a very comfortable snuggling blanket or throw blanket just to take the "chill" off at night.

Woven blankets are so much nicer than standard weave blankets--as the hand-woven feature retain durability and style.

What makes this blanket so nice is its customized monogram option--and features four popular Verlin Studio prints (Burning Sunrise, Winters Song, Winters Road and Pastorale Stream).

Truly--these original Verlin Studio prints make this a one of a kind blanket that no one else carries.

Verlin Studio's prints and products are exclusive from their website and linked Etsy purchasing platform at: www.verlinstudios.com. 

I get emails and comments all the time, "why don't you just sell your products through Amazon or a major retailer?"

Good question. My answer is because of these new digital platforms--I can sell directly to the customer via my website and Etsy buying platform. They're both set up to ship directly from the supplier--without having to go through another "layer" of hassle.

True--I'd reach a much larger audience--but these platforms allow me to target the kind of people I think would like and appreciate our products. And I can do it through social media and online display/text ads.

More importantly--I can control the process---and not have to worry about a customer getting upset at a wrong order, etc. They call me directly and I can fix it directly.

So, from a small business owner perspective--it makes it more user-friendly for the customer and creates a more artist-customer relationship.

People can email or call me directly rather than deal with a large website or box store. Plus--I can offer anything I want without having to deal with required metrics or discounts middle men retailers would want to charge for their profit margins.

I try keep my suppliers offering lower prices--but I don't take a big profit margin. I have to be competitive for sure--but this is more of a joy and passion thing for me--not to make a killing.

If you'd like to see our complete line of 144 prints and products--and get a free 8x10 numbered/signed print with $50+ order, visit www.verlinstudios.com.

Links are there throughout the site that will take you to our Etsy site with all products for purchase.

If you enjoyed this blogpost--please share with your friends, repost or "like" it on Facebook. Learn more about our specialized ad agency that combines traditional media with the new digital platforms at www.ondemandadvertisingsolutions.com. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Million-Dollar $ecrets To Getting New Customers--Dean Blay, Mr. Remodeler

  "John...the ad ain't drawin' flies..." Dean...what happened this time last year? "The ad didn't draw flies.." Then what happened the following month? "Well...we did get more sales..." For over twelve years I worked with one of Kansas City's best-loved home remodelers', Mr. Remodeler, Dean Blay. Dean had voiced his own radio ads on our classical station, a music of your life station and several newstalk stations. Sadly--his voice was silenced this past July due to his death. But Dean Blays' memory and radio ads will long be remembered. Dean had a deep...slow delivery and country accent when he read his radio ads. When I first started to work with his advertising--he would give us a cassette tape from his Phone Mate machine with his ad on it. He was too nervous to record in our studio! When he finally did come to our production room, we turned on the reel tape recorder and left the room so our engineer wouldn't mak

Have Marketers Put Too Much Emphasis on The Benefits of Social Media?

Is it me...or I'm I confused as to how a business that predominantly caters to 15-30 year olds can be worth $13 billion? That's one suggested valuation of Twitter heading in to their IPO. What's more--as they begin to add advertising popping up on their Tweets and Tweeters--how can I, as a potential investor know what kind of revenue they can produce to justify their valuation? What's more--what kind of sales can I expect from that age demographic?  Granted, that age demographic probably Tweets more than the rest of us--but can the advertising investment be justified considering their disposable income? If I sell cars to the 18-34 year old crowd--are they really going to Tweet their best friend at the moment the test drive ends and ask if they should buy it or not (according to one posts' theory)? Surely, we all want advice from our friends in the purchase of certain items--but have marketers over-emphasized the benefits of using social media

Million-Dollar $ecrets To Getting More Customers--Dick Ray, The Master Plumber

"In order to do it right--you'd have to get a backhoe and dig up a ten foot section of the front yard...remove the pipe and replace it with a new section. Or...you could hire a guy like me to do it. And I'm not cheap..."  I'd come to know Dick Ray Jr. through handling his father's advertising account on our classical radio station back in the 80's. Owners of Shawnee Mission Plumbing, Heating & Cooling since the 50's--their quality service and reputation are unmatched by many competitors in the Kansas City market. Today, Dick Ray Jr. continues that quality since his parents passing years ago. What distinguished their advertising--was the familiar voice that intro'd all of their ads...."This is Dick Ray the master plumber..." In a casual midwestern drawl , he'd meticulously talk about his time in the Navy, the quality of products they carry--and the fact that nobody...BUT NOBODY has more parts on his truck, than Di